mardi 6 décembre 2011

A splash of marc in my espresso

"I myself like a splash of marc in my espresso some mornings.
This is called corrected coffee, maybe because it corrects hangovers.
I like the tang that marc gives to Epoisses, one of the greatest and gutsiest
of French cheeses, whose rind is washed with marc de Bourgogne
every day or so during maturation.
I like little game birds, like partridges and quail, flamed in marc.
And of course I like to sip a fine old marc from a snifter late at night."


This extract comes from delicious article by R. W. APPLE JR published on
September 19, 2001 in the heading "Travels" of the New York Time.
Defenitely worth reading.

Below, a label which I made a long time ago.
I kept it as an example of penmanship.



Ebneter+co AG is the firm which produces the
Appenzeller Alpenbitters.
The most original drink of
the most original canton of Switzerland.

Thanks to Philippe the Supervisor down under.

Aucun commentaire: